My name is Harrison Alley.
I grew up in Texas, graduated from the University of Southern California, and live in Dallas with my wife and family.
Currently, my wife and I are self-employed and manage a portfolio of websites.
The coolest one is probably my wife’s travel blog.
But the most important thing you can know about me is that I am a Christian, and the Christian worldview affects everything I think and write about here.
I created this blog to be a digital home for and record of my thinking.
In general, I’d say my interests and the subjects of my writing fall into the categories of health, wealth, and wisdom.
Put another way, I’m really interested in:
- Technology – particularly how we can make technology work for us and how it can help people build thriving businesses.
- Business – especially solopreneurship, lifestyle businesses, personal brands, and business philosophy. I’m all about maximizing income, but only within the framework of prioritizing the most important thing, relationships.
- Finance – In many ways, finance is like quantified psychology. Show me a man’s finances, and I’ll tell you what he values.
- Psychology – I’m interested in how we think and how that affects the rest of our lives.
But mainly, I write to clarify my thinking on a variety of topics and to hopefully engage in thoughtful discussion with others who share these interests.
Some things to know about my content are that:
- I don’t have all the answers. In fact, I may not have any answers. Any prescriptive advice I give is as much a reminder to myself as it is a recommendation to anyone else.
- My blog posts are constantly changing with updates and tweaks because my thinking is constantly evolving. If you join my email list, I’ll let you know of the big updates.
- I don’t like to argue. But I do enjoy polite discourse from differing points of view. To that end, I hope you share your thoughts in the blog comments!
Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the internet!